[evlatests] All EVLA antennas

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 30 15:08:47 EDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> When a deformatter fails there is no power presented to the T5 and the
> TP monitor point will read close to zero.  The Modcomps will flag the
> data and present a checker message on the printer and the error screen.
> In this case there should have been four messages about "TP out of
> range" for each of the EVLA antennas in use at the time.

I just examined the Modcomp checker and must revise this
statement.  When there is no backend TP the data will
be flagged however there will be no checker messages.
All messages have been suppressed for EVLA antennas
because all but one make no sense.  The one that does
make sense is: backend TP out of range.  Unless there
is serious clamor I do not propose to change the Modcomps
to correct this.

We should be sure that the CMP generates alerts for this
condition and that they are considered 'serious'.  I
understand that idcaf catches these alerts and turns them
into flags, though this particular flagging event has not
been explicitly tested.