[evlatests] antenna 23 Q band and DTS modules

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 27 12:13:25 EDT 2007

There was a free hour this morning so I looked at the newly
installed Q band in antenna 23.

What I found was that formatters in all the DTS modules had
been mysteriously turned off and, as Rob has reported, the
last command sent to them was 'on'.  B and D recovered upon
sending power on to the formatter.  A and C required more
work.  I had to turn of sampler and formatter, reset the
power supply card and turn the formatter and sampler on
again.

With that out of the way Q band did not fringe.  There were
reasonable total power and sync detector signals at the backend,
but no hint of correlated signal even in a narrow BW.

Initial guesses have been installed for focus, collimation and
the BD attenuators.  More work will have to wait for next week.