[evlatests] Fast switching bug

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 25 19:24:20 EDT 2007

I think this is one for the obs2script gurus.

I ran a test yesterday, fast switching between a calibrator
and an offset position ~30' away (well outside the primary beam).
I spent 30min each at K, then X, C, K,X,C.

VLA antennas worked as expected. EVLA worked OK (*) for the first
30min block at each frequency. On the second block at each freq,
the EVLA antennas stayed on source for the whole 30min - i.e.
did not nod.

I have attached the obs file and its obs2script result.

V.

(*) there were points with low amplitude just after each fast switch,
which was the original point of the test.