[evlatests] EVLA hardware

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 18 19:36:22 EDT 2007

Ant 24 has a new D303 installed.  The deformatter, D1 sampler,
downconverters, and anything that could be swapped in the IF-C path was
swapped and the amplitude step problem persisted.  The D303 was then
swapped with a new one and the problem appears to be gone!

Ant 16 was going to receive the new D303, but Doug Gerrard found a loose
connector on the 2048 MHz clock cable to the D303.  We will watch the
module for a few days and see if this was the real culprit.  Ant 16 had
various people working on it today, so the electronics were up and down
intermittently throughout the afternoon.

Ant 21 moved and all communication worked as soon as the fiber was
hooked up.  We did have to re-clean the LO fiber to get the correct
optical power to the antenna, but once we did it locked right up and
sync'd fine.  There is an issue with the L305 indicating that the sync
pulse is present and correct even though the fiber is disconnected!

Ant 26 had a motor saver problem (which affected power on the antenna.)
  We had to power cycle several modules in the vertex room (2 DTS and an
F320) to bring the MIBs back to life.  Once they were happy, the antenna
was re-sync'd, reset, etc. and seemed to be working fine when we left.

Rob