[evlatests] ea21 at P-band

Barry Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 10 15:43:50 EDT 2007

The object of the game is to always have the same power coming out of
the T304's for all bands.  For the narrow bandwidth receivers, one can
have a lower power on the T304 input, as a few dB less will be scraped
off in its filters than is the case for the wide band receivers.

Ken set up the software defaults (just for reasons of being conservative,
I think) to use the table method for setting all four IFs at 90cm and
4m.  The, admittedly very sketchy, tests that I ran a year ago indicated
that the standard setting procedure would work OK for P band, but that
4m might need a resetting of the resampler level in the D351s.

We probably should run a test with standard setup at P band.  The operative
script commands are, if the first band used in the file is Pband:
downc = loif0.getDownconverterAC()
downc.setDownconverterAInputLevelControlMode(2)
downc.setDownconverterCInputLevelControlMode(2)
downc.setDownconverterAOutput1LevelControlMode(2)
downc.setDownconverterCOutput1LevelControlMode(2)

If it works as well as I think it should, we should make it the default.