[evlatests] Ant 13

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 21 19:55:21 EDT 2006

Chuck and I spent today working on antenna 13's X and K-band switched
power problems.  We found nothing on the antenna to indicate why X-band
sync det voltage looks so high, but we did improve K-bands SD voltage.
It appears that we were overdriving the U/X converter input.  We
actually installed 8 dB more attenuation into both LCP and RCP to get
reasonable signals through the system.

I wonder if K-band was working before, then what has changed?  Anyway,
if someone tries K-band again, please let me know the results.  If
anyone wants all the gory details, please contact myself or Chuck Kutz.

Rob