[evlatests] status, Sept 11 2006

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Sep 12 21:12:14 EDT 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Steven Durand wrote:

> Ken
> We will go look at 18s X Band again on Wed.  maybe there is a leak

Or, as Jim says, it is hard to get all the water out once it is there.

> Do you think 16s C band has water in it too?

I don't think it is that bad, but who knows.

> The switched power on ant 13 for bands L X Q all operate off the same power
> supply so it is possible that the power supply is sad.  But C band has its
> own power supply so if the SD problem includes C band then we should look at
> timing.  If Not then we need to look at something else. Ken did your data
> include C band?

This happens only at K band.  I doubt it is timing.  The symptom
is consistent with the injected noise being too weak, I suppose
there is unwanted attenuation, or the noise tube is underpowered.

Ken