[evlatests] EVLA Flagging

Rich Moeser rmoeser at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 26 11:38:09 EDT 2006

Chunai Cai wrote:
> Hi, Ken:
>
> Yes, when you mentioned it, it was a "coming soon" situation, no follow-up
> from my side.....
>
> If you refer to the edu.nrao.evla.commons.EVLAConstants class, no, Flagger
> didn't use the list. Even if Flagger uses the class to get the antenna
> list, whoever mantains the code still have to let others know that the
> code is changed and a new jar file is made for it.

The lack of notification was my fault. A new version of the executor was
released last week which required a new version of evla-commons, I sent
an e-mail only to people I thought were interested in the executor. In
the future I will send the e-mail out to evlatests.

> As I told Bryan, it does not worth the overhead to get the big
> edu.nrao.evla.commons jar file into Flagger in order to just get the one
> mixture list of evla and vla ids out, then parse through it to get evla
> antennas out.

I think you have to do the import of that jar regardless, aren't you
using the JAXB and EVLAClient classes in evla-commons? The jar file is
about twice the size it should be because it contains the Castor and
JAXB objects. When all code is no longer dependent on Castor I will turn
off the generation of those classes.

--Rich