[evlatests] EVLA Flagging

Chunai Cai ccai at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 26 11:09:46 EDT 2006

Hi, Ken:

Yes, when you mentioned it, it was a "coming soon" situation, no follow-up
from my side.....

If you refer to the edu.nrao.evla.commons.EVLAConstants class, no, Flagger
didn't use the list. Even if Flagger uses the class to get the antenna
list, whoever mantains the code still have to let others know that the
code is changed and a new jar file is made for it.

As I told Bryan, it does not worth the overhead to get the big
edu.nrao.evla.commons jar file into Flagger in order to just get the one
mixture list of evla and vla ids out, then parse through it to get evla
antennas out.

If it's crucial that Flagger includes the new evla antenna the
minute it comes alive, we can think of a dynamic way of getting a updated
list from somewhere.

Chunai