[evlatests] VLA phase jumps

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 11 19:57:01 EDT 2006

This is a very quick summary re VLA antennas from Rick's
long run this morning. 4 sources, 3 bands, cycled around
for 12hr+.

L Band: antennas 1, 5, 12 looked very bad. most had a jump
sometime, (often the same time, on many antennas)

C band: 1, 3, 5, 12, 20, 25, worse than others (12 clearly
much worse)

X band: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 27

The jumps are about 90deg jump in the difference between IF1
and 2, though other values 120, may be present. usually one
or a few points are off, i.e. jumps are rare except at
antennas 12 and 5.

There are still (what look like) baseline errors after the
recent move, which complicates the analysis a bit. I have
tried to account for this only by eye, not doing a fit or
anything.

EVLA antennas  - I will comment separately, later.

Vivek.