[evlatests] Recent history of VLA-VLA phase jumps

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 10 13:54:02 EDT 2006

> I'd have to look up what "elided" means, but I went over
> Michael's summary.....  If we ignore jumps of 20 deg or
> less, I saw four phase jumps on vla-vla baselines:
>
>>  26sep06  495
>>       X  1425-1450, 1518-1521
>>             ant.  4 RCP, LCP 120d jump from 1450 to 1518 (source/band change)
>
>>    1oct06  500
>>       X  1730-2030
>>            ant. 11 RCP       40d jump from 1331/1407 to 0958fs  (19:06)
>
>>    2oct06  501
>>      C  1520-2030
>>        ant. 10 RCP       50d jump in midst of fs scan (~16:00)
>>        ant. 22      LCP  30d jump in midst of fs scan (~16:50)

Rick and I looked more carefully at the 2oct06 data.  The "ant. 10" phase
jump actually occurs with different magnitudes on different antennas, with
some showing no noticeable effect, and others showing many 10s of degrees.
I thought this was just ant. 10 because it showed up so consistently, and
10 was the reference.  Alas not so...

           Michael