[evlatests] small lessons

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri May 19 18:59:49 EDT 2006

Software time today was a collection of problems and curiousities.

HW problems
The FRM for antenna 14 seems to have forgotten how to work and is
stuck at X band.
16B is dead.  Rob, Jim and I suspected the downconverter.  Rebooting
it did not help.
18C seems to have bistable phase again.

SW problems
The executor seems to have gone catatonic.  I offer no explanation,
but claim that it behaves as if the thread that sends ACU and fringe
rotator commands was just sending the same thing forever and ever
regradless of what scan we were on.  There may have been some evidence
that it did the right thing once when a script was started however
I place only little faith in that statement.  Eventually the executor
was restarted and all was fine again.

Rick took some data (twice!) from which he and I hope to learn more
about how referenced pointing behaves or misbehaves.

Barry spent the afternoon trying to get VLA antennas to work.

Antenna 13 amplitude glitch
It was still there at the beginning of SW time.  Suppressing the
distribution of the 10 second tick to antenna 13 did not make it
go away.

The two L302s were swapped and the obvious X band glitch moved to BD;
and AC looked as good as BD used to.

We need to make a more careful test during the weekend at all bands
with short integration times to if all the pathology Walter reported
has swapped as well.