[evlatests] X-band Holography

Walter Brisken wbrisken at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri May 5 01:16:54 EDT 2006

Rick talked about holography:

>   A short 14 x 14 raster at X-band was made for all four EVLA antennas.
>   1) The centering offset problem reportedly lately appears to have been
> repaired.  All scans seem to peak properly.

Glad to hear this.  I took out the extra 10 seconds (Ken should know
which -- the first 10 after array.waitModcomp returns).  Now the
holography and pointing modes do the same thing, however are at odds with
my understanding of the timing of array.waitModcomp relative to the
modcomp scans.  I'd be happy to say that "it works" and not worry about
the details if everyone else is.

The two 7x7 L-band holog runs I took earlier today (in proj TBRISK) showed
no phase jumps.  The first was the normal 10 seconds duration per
pointing; the second run had 20 seconds duration per pointing.
Given this I should have encountered a phase glitch if they occurred at
the rate Rick suggested earlier.  Maybe something was fixed?  Maybe the
clocks were in tune?  I'd be a bit skeptical about blaming L301 at the
moment...

-W