[evlatests] New Block Diagrams

Jim Jackson jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Mar 28 19:01:51 EST 2006

I have posted a set of new block diagrams on the boards in the hallway
outside Rob's office. Please check them over for errors and mark them up as
needed. We'll run them through the CCB for approval when we do the project
book chapters then officially release them.

Most changes correct mistakes, update power levels or add detail.  The only
systematic change is in the connection of the 2-4 GHz baseband signals
between the T304's and the DTS modules.  This reflects changes outlined by
Barry in a message he sent last summer regarding having the two sample
streams from a deformatter board being a polarization pair rather than the
same IF channel. I had intended to change this earlier but it somehow
slipped through the cracks.  There was some concern about isolation but I
think Mike Revnell convinced us that there isn't a problem.   The change
may already be on some diagrams that were printed for various people by
Kathy Long in January or February.

Cheers,
Jim