[evlatests] Running VLA antennas

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Mar 27 21:41:45 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Barry Clark wrote:

>   Does anybody happen to know the phase of
> the waveguide interupt in the CMP relative to the site 10s tick?  Anyway,
> I shall assume it is offset by a large fraction of a cycle, and next time
> I work on this I will try "xx:xx:x9.673" and see if it works all day.

I believe that the CMP uses the beginning of "command time" at 1024 usec
as the WG cycle tick.  That is not too far off.  If it were miswired and
using the beginning of "monitor time", about half way through the WG cycle,
that would be interesting.  However if it were I would not expect things
to work well at all.

Any idea why the implied offset that works is 33 seconds + 6 (or 7) WG
cycles and not just 33 seconds?

Ken