[evlatests] L301 Settings at L-Band

Jim Jackson jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Mar 17 15:16:12 EST 2006

Oops, I missed that 13184 MHz cuts off the bottom end of L-band. An L301
setting of 12928 Mhz should still be reasonably good, though I'm not sure
it is attenuated quite as well as 13184 MHz. I'll make some more
measurements in the lab to compare them.  If it's still a problem we may
need to re-visit the spec of this filter. It is a small connectorized part
that is fairly painless to replace if needed - it would mainly be a matter
of cost.

Another possibility would be to see if the L302 design could actually be
pushed to work a couple hundred MHz higher.  Right now, the MIB software
stops it at 14.8 Ghz.  I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried to push the
hardware any higher. Maybe that's an experiment we should try sometime but
it will need to wait until after we sort out the DDS situation.

Jim