[evlatests] Re: a bit of data

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Mar 2 23:15:54 EST 2006

Comrades,

To first order, there is nothing wrong(!) with either chunk
of data. Hard to distinguish the E- from the non-E VLA.

Minor wobbles in amplitude of a few% on 14.

plots at:

http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/%7Evdhawan/EVLA-MAR02.PS

V.

Ken Sowinski wrote:

> Today was mostly a day to work on the correlator, but we
> managed a little data with the EVLA antennas and the new
> system controller.  There was an uninterrupted scan of about
> 20 minutes from 2243 to 2302 IAT this afternoon.
>
> This data was taken on 3C84 (no blank sky) at X band with the
> new MIB  software and phase switching enabled.  It might be
> worthwhile to look at it to see if there are any obvious
> blemishes.
>
> Ken

and later:

Vivek,

We have a little more data as well with the standard system
controller.  starting about 2334 and it will go on until
0330 LST, about 2357 IAT.  A compairson with the earlier
data would be interesting.

Ken