[evlatests] K-Band on Ant 18

Robert Hayward rhayward at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Jun 19 11:08:23 EDT 2006

Ken had indicated that he was seeing poor switched power from the K-Band
on Antenna 18. Since this receiver was mounted long before the UX
Converter arrived, it's output was probably not attenuated properly and
was likely compressing the UX or Downconverter.

On Saturday during the Summer School tour, I did indeed find that the
receiver output was unpadded so installed 8 dB attenuators on the
receiver IF outputs. Alas, I had no time to investigate whether it made
any difference (since Ant 18 does not have any TP detectors, I had
planned to turn the Cals on and off while watching the change in 8-bit
digitizer statistics).

I'll leave it to someone else to check if the SP has improved. In other
words, play it again, Ken...