[evlatests] Is the Glass half full

Steven Durand sdurand at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 16 10:22:38 EDT 2006

Hi

SO I asked Frazer "Is anyone using the EVLA antennas for science?  He
said a few.  I asked When is the next opportunity?  He did not know so
we asked Joan.   She said  Neal Miller has an L-Band run this weekend
but she didn't know if he had asked for EVLA antennas to be included.
Frazer said he would find out since he knows Neal.

Frazer Wrote

Neal

I believe you have some 20cm observing coming up, probably for
Coma. Is that right ?

    If so I hope you have requested the EVLA antennas and can feed back
quickly whether the EVLA antennas appeared to be working. We want
some evidence about how many of the EVLA antennas are useful. Perhaps
you could quickly tell us if there appeared to be some data coming from
them and later
if they are really useful for imaging.

    best wishes,

    Frazer

Neal Wrote

Hi Frazer.

Yes, I've got five 5-hour tracks scheduled for June 18,
22, 23, 24, and 25 (roughly 5 PM to 10 PM Mountain time
on each date). In my "notes" section on the observe files
I have requested EVLA antennas be included, if possible.
I'll take a look on Monday (6/19) and see what I can
figure out regarding whether the EVLA antennas returned
useful data. It'd be great if they do - I cut it pretty
fine in my net time request, meaning it will be tough
to reach my desired sensitivity if I only have ~22 working
antennas.

Neal

So I suggested "we" try an support this observation.

Sorry won't happen again....
--

Steven Durand, MTS               National Radio Astronomy Observatory
Electronics Division             1003 Lopezville Road