[evlatests] 27 antennas again

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jun 15 23:13:10 EDT 2006

I usurped two hours of dynamic time this afternoon in the
hope of getting things back in order in time for baseline
and pointing runs tonight and tomorrow.

Antenna 13
The problems I reported yesterday were caused by 1) the
DTS modules for B and D needing to be reset, and, 2) by
my own confusion in trying to do too many things in too
little time.  After some fumbling I was able to see what
the problem was and reset the DTS modules.  Delays are now
well set at X band, but not at the other bands.

Antenna 18
It still works at X and L bands.  I made a quick attempt
at K band.  No luck, so I pressed on to other things.

Antenna 24
Rob announced the antenna to be usable with IFS A and C
at X band, and just as did 18 it came up immediately.
There was a little delay tuning to be done and it now
looks fine.  My part in getting it to work was simple
because it was on a pad that has been used before, but
the process was much eased by having an antenna full of
hardware that works.

To be done
Focus for antenna 24 at X band
Verify that there are no 10 second ampl glitches in 24
Find T_cals for X band rx on antenna 24
Delays for antenna 13 at all bands
Find K, Q and P at antenna 18

Observing
I have asked the operator to include all five antennas
in the X band baseline run tonight.  They should also
be included in the pointing run tomorrow if they are still
working then.