[evlatests] evla tests, June 8 2006

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jun 8 20:03:12 EDT 2006

Hardware Issues
The L301 in 16AC that has not been behaving responded to
being rebooted this morning and has been working since
then.

L band at antenna 18 is getting more comprehensible.  After
the wiring changes to the T302 all that is wrong now is
that the polarizations are swapped.

The 18D deformatter was not providing any output and had
to be rebooted.

The 18C DTS module now seems reliable.

Software Issues
A new executor was installed yesterday.  It supports P band
properly.  4 band has not been tested.  A 'regression test'
observation was made to see if everything that we think
should work still works and that nothing new is broken.  Vivek
has the data in hand and will report separately.

I have a scheme in place that allows EVLA antenna only subarrays
to record data and still provide an on-source to the executor.
I would like to do a bit more testing, but it looks like it
is working.  Combined subarrays will work like the always have.
A subarray with only EVLA antennas will be considered on source
immediately after a source change.  This means that the pointing
files we have been using will not work reliably because there
is no guarantee that all submodes will be seen in the order
expected by the pointing solver.  telcal can learn to deal with
this, but I do not plan to change the Modcomp pointing solver.
I will describe this in more tedious detail once I am satisfied
that the mechanism works with no other side effects.