[evlatests] Saturday's tests

Walter Brisken wbrisken at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Jun 4 17:01:22 EDT 2006

This is a follow-up to Ken's email of yesterday.

I've loaded in the test data taken yesterday using observe scripts.

1. At C and K band on antenna 13 phases to its nearest antenna, 22,
return to correct value (within typical atmospheric changes) after
changing bands and coming back (18 minute full cycle time).
The test was not exhaustive, but for these two bands, all IFs, the phases
returned properly.  At L and X band there are at least some cases that
this appears not to be the case.  I think a more systematic, shorter cycle
time test is needed here.

2. Ant 18 still has its funny bi-stable phase jump every 5 seconds.

3. Amplitude dips at 10 second intervals remain on antenna 13.  I have a
plot showing the phase and amplitude as func of time.  This includes a few
periods when Ken was running the executor himself and stopped/restarted
it, or at least it would appear this way based on the phase behavior.
The presense of amplitude dips is 100% correlated with periods of updated
phase and phase ramps.  In other words there is a amplitude dip everytime
there is a phase discontinuity.  To me this suggests that the dip
is related to the LO going out of, and returning to lock.

-Walter