[evlatests] EVLA Hardware

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 25 20:47:42 EDT 2006

Ant 13 has an extra 12" cable inserted in the 128 MHz path for the
L302-2.  This should shift the 128 MHz clock by about 90 deg in phase.
The L302-1 was removed and checked for a lose MIB, dirty fibers, etc.
No problems were found and the module was functioning again after it was
re-installed.  If it continues to 'die', we will have to swap a MIB and
see if the problem continues.

Ant 18 has the D303 repaired and re-installed for IF-C.  It appeared to
be working fine.

Ant 24 was looked at pretty closely today.  I swapped the IF cables on
both the antenna end and deformatter end to determine if the problem was
definitely in the digital system.  The problem in IF-C followed to IF-D
confirming that the problem was in the digital system.  We then swapped
the fibers and IF cables on the deformatters to determine if the problem
was a DTS module or deformatter card.  In the process of checking this
out, Tom realized that the high and low channel fibers on IFs A and C
were reversed.  We corrected this and, as Ken mentioned, it didn't help.
  I'm curious to know if IF-A looks better now, but it seems that we
still have a problem with the D303 in the antenna.  We will continue the
hunt tomorrow.

Rob