[evlatests] antenna 24, mostly

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 25 19:51:09 EDT 2006

Rob and I tried to track down the problem with 24C.  The cross
correlation looks funny.  autocorrelation and power levels all
seem to be OK.  Swapping cables in various places we were able
to convince ourselves that the problem most likely lay with the
DTS module.  The final communication from Tom Baldwin was that
the three colors for IFs A and C were not connected in the
correct order.  They corrected this.  After a Modcomp failure
and much travail I was finally able to get the system working
again to discover that 24C still does the samething.  Tomorrow
I suggest returning the DTs module to the bench for examination.

Rick made another survey of L band performance across the band
which he will report on separately.

The reminder of SW time will be used to try to measure interband
collimations in a systematic way.