[evlatests] Looking at the Deformatter & TPD Archived Data

Robert Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 25 11:03:16 EDT 2006

For anyone interested in looking at the 8-Bit rms Deformatter statistics
in the Archive, here is the secret...

Rather than using the generic slot ID (e.g., EA16-D351-A), we must use
the "original" IP address (e.g., 10.80.116.17) of the C-MIB that is
sending the Archive data out. Note that this is not the same as the one
used to "match" to the slot ID (e.g., 10.80.116.220). With that
confusion aside, here is the list of all the IP addresses in use so far
on the EVLA (thanks to Ken for the list):

13A   10.80.113.29
13B             26
13C             25
13D             22

14A   10.80.114.21
14B             22
14C             17
14D             16

16A   10.80.116.17
16B             19
16C             28
16D             22

18A   10.80.118.30
18B             27
18C             29
18D             28

24A   10.80.124.29
24B             26
24C             30
24D             25

To use the Archive, go to the following URL...

http://webtest.aoc.nrao.edu:8080/monarchive/evlamonitor.html

and then type in the relevant information. I've included an example for
the DFM_8Bit_rms on Antenna 16A in the attached PDF file. Those bits
highlighted in yellow have to be entered or modified. Remember that
Device and Monitor Point Names are case sensitive. Note also that the
2nd monitor point option does not seem to work. And the Plotter Output
feature doesn't work yet either (at least not on my PC) but you can save
the data into a spreadsheet by setting the Output Table Type to Text.

I've also included a PDF example for accessing the T304 Downconverter's
Total Power Detector data (DGTZR_RF_PWR and DGTZR_1_2GHZ_PWR) on Antenna
16A.

Good luck.