[evlatests] summary

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 11 23:32:12 EDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Jim Ulvestad wrote:

> You're sure there's not a sign error in the subreflector setting, is
> there?  Did you look at the strongest possible source to see if there's
> something there, just way out of focus?

I just looked again; my arithmetic look OK and the K band rotation
setting bears the right relation to the Q band rotation setting
The focus error, in cm, should be about the same as it was for
Q band and that worked.  The next step is to look at one of the
megamasers in a narrow BW and look for TP and/or correlation.

Vivek asked if the  polarizations are swapped.  Unlikely because
the crossed hand products are as incoherent as the parallel hand
products.

I should emphasize that there is absolutely no hint of coherent
correlation in both 10 second and 1-2/3 second integration intervals.
It is as though the L301 were out of lock, though it claims not to be,
or the synthesizers were misset.

My suspicions are leaning toward the receiver.  If the LO doubler
were not there 16 GHz would bring 24 to 28 GHz down to 8 to 12 GHz
giving us total power but no chance of correlation with other
antennas.  If it were a tripler instead, the numerology does not
work out reasonably.  Bob, is this possible?