[evlatests] evla antennas status, Jan 24 2006, more about antenna 13

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jan 27 18:31:51 EST 2006

> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:14:11 -0700 (MST)
> From: Ken Sowinski <ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu>
> To: evlatests at nrao.edu

>  Something
> has changed in the L band signal path because the attenuators
> in the T304s both had to be reduced by about 6 dB to get a usable
> signal to the VLA.  X band seemed not to have been affected.

While the antenna was stowed this afternoon I configured it
to all bands for which is should work to set power levels for
the newly installed IFs B and D and for all IFs at C band.
The only peculiarity was that even more power was needed in
IF A to allow the T5 to level.  The sampler value RMS was about
25 at that point.  something funny is going on; perhaps interference
or something unwanted in the bandpass of IF A.