[evlatests] Ant 14

Pat Van Buskirk pvanbusk at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jan 19 09:56:27 EST 2006

At 8:45, the antenna mechanics notified the operator they were going to
antenna 14 for rack work. Perhaps the first point of contact should be
the VLA operator if someone has a question about what's going on at the
antenna. They keep a daily log of antenna visits which includes antenna
number, work crew and start/end times of their visit.

Cheers,
Pat

Eugene Cole wrote:

> Visits to antennas on the array beit VLA or EVLA must go through VLA
> Operations. The procedure is already in place and should be followed.
>
> -- Gene
>
> Ken Sowinski wrote:
>
>>>We either need to prohibit work on the antenna if
>>>not on the schedule, or come up with another way to communicate that
>>>work is being done on maintenance days (?)
>>>
>>>Rob
>>>

>>I don't think we should prohibit unannounced work on maintenance
>>days.  If it is necessary to do tests on a maintenance day, it
>>is the testers who will have to accomodate their work to other
>>activities.
>>
>>My concern was that the antenna seemed very dead and noone
>>I could find was able to explain why.  In case it had decided
>>on its own to stop working I thought somebody should look into
>>it before tomorrow.
>>
>>Ken

Acceptance is not submission. It is acknowledgement of the facts of a
situation, then deciding what you're going to do about it.

Kathleen Casey Theisen