[evlatests] C-Band Receivers on Antenna 13 &16

Robert Hayward rhayward at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Feb 22 18:39:42 EST 2006

After installing the new Q-Band receiver on Antenna 13 (remember there
is no UX-Converter on this antenna yet so K & Q-Band are still
unavailable for use), we confirmed the report that the C-Band was dead.
It's RF cables had been left accidently disconnected last week after the
receiver was dropped for work on the moisture purge holes in the feed.
It is now alive and raring to go.

On Antenna 13, which had a write up for poor C & D sensitivity, we found
that the receiver was fine but the damn P-Band was oscillating again.
The total power output from the receiver was in the -10 to -18 dBm range
but dropped down to a more reasonable -30 dBm when the P-Band's DC power
was disconnected. A hot/sky cold load measurement suggests that both LCP
& RCP have a (broadband) Trx of about 25K.

-Bob