[evlatests] Ant 18 passes test

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 21 19:48:32 EDT 2006

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Pat Van Buskirk wrote:

> We checked 18 in operations during startup last night and it passed all
> the tests we are able to do. Pointing and baselines still needs to be
> done by Ken, and the operator reported that fringes were a little low at
> X band.

We have been aware for a while that sensitivity is poorer
than other antennas.  Moisture in the feed is suspected
but has not yet been verified.

Baselines are in good shape.  For some reason the phase
behavior of this antenna is very good and there have been
several believable baseline runs.  The latest corrections
were installed July 11, 2006.

Pointing is about as good as it can be at the moment.
Collimations have been tweaked for C band and K band
based on the August 17 collimation run.  There were
no Q band results that night for antenna 18.