[evlatests] EVLA Hardware

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 14 20:12:36 EDT 2006

Three of the four DTS modules in antenna 18 were in strange states this
morning.  As Ken mentioned, the 19.2 Hz timing tic seemed to be missing
at the DTS modules.  The L305 was fine (as indicated by the D301 timing
still being present) so I rebooted the MIBs in the D302, D303, & D304.
This brought the timing tic back (in the module) and after reseting the
formatters and digitizers, everything looked like it was working
properly at L-band.

Went to investigate why antenna 24 'died' after a power glitch and
discovered all four batteries totally dead!  Everything in the AC to DC
power system was working correctly, no fuses were blown, and after
replacing the batteries, DC power looked fine.  I cycled AC power to the
supply with no problems or drops.  I then cycled AC power to the fire
alarm system which caused the AC contactor to open and kill all AC power
to the antenna.(Is this functioning properly?)  DC power (however)
stayed stable.  Could AC power have been down on antenna 24 for a couple
of hours?  This would have caused the batteries to drain beyond the
point where the DC contactor could have closed and allowed the batteries
to recharge.  The power seems stable now, so I will keep a close eye on
24 for a few days.

Rob