[evlatests] EVLA state, April 20th.

Pete Whiteis pwhiteis at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Apr 28 10:38:05 EDT 2006

> Some more observations.  On Tuesday I saw that BD did not work.
> It was not working again early today, but later in the afternoon
> it was.  When it was not working on Tuesday the L302 for BD claimed
> to be in lock.  I suppose Vivek means total lack of coherence, for
> that is what I saw when it was not working.  Are L302s known to lie?

While bench testing the phase jumps, I noticed that once in awhile the
FM Coil voltage would jump up in what appeared to be a stable, locked
L302.  When this occurred, the synth briefly jumped out of lock,
reacquired lock, and attempted to maintain stable state.   This happened
3 times over a five minute interval.
This out of lock condition was so brief it wouldn't be seen in monitor
data.   If we're saving alerts, we should see evidence of this
(mis)behaviour in the alert archive (or on the operator screen, if you
dont blink).

-Pete-