[evlatests] Quick check

Rick Perley rperley at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Apr 24 10:25:43 EDT 2006

    I ran a quick check of all EVLA antennas at all bands, last night.

    I ran referenced pointing at X, K, and Q bands (primary only --
no attempt at secondary, since I don't know how to do that with
the EVLA).

    Quick report:

    L-Band:  antennas 13, 14 and 16 not functioning if IFs A and C.
(18 has no LSC converter, so nothing was expected).
    But -- antennas 13, 14 and 16 gave good fringes if IFs B and D.
Interestingly, 13B was flagged as bad, while 13D was flagged o.k.

    C-band:  13, 14 and 16 gave very nice data.

Good pointing solutions for 13, 14 and 16.  None from 18.

    K-band:  13, 14 and 16 worked well.  Good pointing
solutions from all three antennas.

    Q-Band:  No good data.  No pointing solutions.  Antenna 14
seems to be fringing weakly.

    A more careful look at the data will follow when time allows.