[evlatests] Antenna 18

Jim Jackson jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Apr 21 11:37:45 EDT 2006

After conversations with Pete, and his subsequent conversations with Barry,
we are going to leave the new L302 synthesizer in the antenna for further
testing.  It is not clear what state the antenna was in on Thursday when
some tests were run.  There is evidence the antenna may have been out of
sync.  The MIB and DDS FPGA firmware changes to this module were drastic
and it may take some time for Barry, Ken and others to sort out everything.

Also, Mike discovered that the IF-C DTS module seems to be very unhappy. It
is acting like it has no clock but since the IF-A module is working and no
one has been in that rack, we believe the clock should be present.  The
assumption is that the module itself has a problem.  The DTS team is going
to the antenna to install the IF B&D DTS modules on Monday and will change
this unit out with the spare while they are there.  Until then, IF-C will
probably not work.

Finally - a question.  We are getting ready to install IF's B&D in antenna
18.  When we put the second L302 in, should it have the old firmware or the
new firmware? It doesn't really matter to us, so I'll leave it up to those
doing the testing to decide which version they want.

Jim