[evlatests] More notes from April 11

Barry Clark bclark at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Apr 11 17:48:37 EDT 2006

Lack of fringes on IF B, all EVLA antennas turned out to be an unlocked
Fluke synthesizer on the VLA side (noticed by op JC Campbell).
With that taken care of, 13 B is present and strong.  13 D is still about
a factor of 10 low in fringe power.  (The link is being overdriven at
most bands for 13 D, but when I twiddled the attenautors, it did not much
change the fringe power.)

Shortly after noticing the Fluke problem, we went off to a set of
spectral line observations by Vivek.  This should quickly tell us if
I have set up 13 D on the wrong lobe of the delay function (I don't
think so, but maybe).  When we started his file, 14 C went away.
Resyncing the formatter (at about 21:05) brought it back.

Lack of fringes on 16 A and C appears to be an L302 problem.  It
rather persistently refused to lock.  I tried various frequencies and
could get it to lock at none.  I rebooted it.  After fairly normally
refusing to lock for a few minutes, it got itself to the state I believe
to be impossible:
M_LOCK=1, C_LOCK=0, STANDBY=0
I rebooted it again.  After the second reboot (about 21:35), it actually
locked.  Finally, all IFs present and (except for 13 D) accounted for.

I rather suspect that Ken is so used to this sort of shenanigans that he
would have taken care of all of it in the first hour and not bothered to
mention it.  But when he isn't present, the system does seem rather fragile.