[evlatests] Current situation

Barry Clark bclark at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Apr 11 12:58:44 EDT 2006

Antenna 14 B does not give fringes.  There is total power and switched
power, just no fringes.  It is very hard to explain this.

Antenna 16 D is giving fringes.  It is the only IF on 16 which is.
16 B is in the same situation as 14 B - total and switched power, but
no fringes.  16 A has low power and very low switched power.  If I
turn down the attenuator in the T304 for IF A, I can get a reasonalble
amount of total power, a slightly weak switched power, and no fringes.
IF 16 C has no total power, and turning down the attenuator in the
T304 does not make any.  It seems to be disconnected from the system.

The above was done at X band; the absence of fringes was verified at
C, L, and K.

Antenna 13 worked well on IFs A & C (as expected).  It gives essentially
full strength fringes at L and C bands, is down by a factor of 4 or so
at X band, and produces detectable fringes at K band.  It has been down
to have its BD L302 installed.  It has just come back, and is giving
fringes only on A & C still.  I'll look into why.

I think antenna 13 points well enough to do some C band pointing.  I'll
trim its delays first.