[evlatests] K-Band

Rick Perley rperley at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Apr 10 19:03:35 EDT 2006

    And finally, K-Band from this weekend's data.

    Good fringes, with reasonably normal amplitudes, were found from both
antennas 14 (IFs A and C) and 16 (all IFs).    Antenna 13 gave very weak
fringes -- just enough to see the steady phase wind reported earlier.
    Referenced pointing, however, worked only for antenna 14.  I don't know
why it failed for antenna 16.
    Sensitivity for both antennas is very poor -- well beneath any other VLA
antenna, with the 'weights' being about a factor of 2 to 3 below the VLA
median.
    Tsys data are completely normal for antennas 14 and 16 (and indeed,
for the
latter, are about 37K -- better than can be reasonably believed).
    Antenna 13 gave Tsys values of 600 K.  That's not right!  We do have a
UX converter in this antenna now, right?  We should see reasonble Tsys?

    We need to recheck all this tomorrow, if the winds let us.