[evlatests] Antenna 14 Measurements from 20 Sept 2005

Rick Perley rperley at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Sep 21 12:10:54 EDT 2005

Barry Clark wrote:

>>Travis - I don't understand the apparent gain variations in the T304. Do
>>any of your measurements show this?   When you characterize the T304's, are
>>you looking for fast variations this small?  If not, how do we test this in
>>the lab?
>>
>>Jim
>>

>Did the T304 output power glitches perhaps occur only when a script was
>running?

No.  We monitored the output only when the antenna was stowed, and no
script running.   The power measurements made while a script was running
were made at the RF.  I'll report on these results shortly.

>Could it be that they occur on 10 sec intervals?

No.  The fluctuations were very erratic, and occurred in 'bursts', with no
periodicities noted.

>I'm suspicious
>more of the L302 than the T304 per se.

We are, also.

>If you set up to look at this downstairs, you ought to have an Executor
>driving the L302 as you do.  (BTW, Rich, does the Web interface support
>driving the test rack?  The command line interface does.)

We were upstairs during these tests, and Bob had many screens open.
He'll have
to respond to this.

Rick