[evlatests] EVLA tests, Sept 8 2005

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at aoc.nrao.edu
Sat Sep 10 18:50:30 EDT 2005

> From jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu  Thu Sep  8 17:44:09 2005
>
> I am having Jerry Langevin go to the site tomorrow (Friday) morning to do a
> complete power cycle on the LO/IF racks and DTS modules in both
> antennas.  It sounds like the DTS modules in Antenna 14 were started today
> when the L305 in the antenna was out of sync.

Rick and I comandeered an antenna from Jim Ulvestad and put it in
subarray 2 with 14 and 16.  Both antennas worked; small delay
adjustments were needed.  The EVLA antennas looked very stable for
the two hours that we were testing.  The funny stuff on Thursday
was probably, as Jim suggests, due to the unknown state of the
antennas.

Downconverter 14B is still dead.

Rick will report separately on our attempted C band sensitivity
measurement.

Ken