[evlatests] T304 Software Status

Pete Whiteis pwhiteis at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Oct 24 11:53:55 EDT 2005

    Last Tuesday, Antenna 16's T304 software was modified to eliminate
use of the Total Power Digitizers.   Antenna 14's T304 software is still
running TPD enabled software which should allow us to compare/contrast
reliability information between the two antenna's.

    The troubling thing is that since then, no T304 dropouts have been
seen on either antenna.   All we know is that elimination of TPD
functionality improves the reliability numbers specifically for Antenna
16.

    Going forward, I'd like to leave the digitizer functionality enabled
in Antenna 14 for as long as we feel we can tolerate.    Also, I'd like
to exchange one of the known misbehaving T304's in Antenna 16 (IF A or
C) with the one in the test rack and re-enable the digitizer
functionality.     At  this point, I think this would provide the best
opportunity for identifying the root cause of failure.

-Pete-