[evlatests] June 30 tests, part 1

Mark Claussen mclausse at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 30 18:40:44 EDT 2005

On Thursday 30 June 2005 16:11, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> At 18:05:10 IAT a long track was done on 3C84 at L band and ended
> at 19:29:40.  The phase wind at antenna 16 was clearly there and
> was modulated over time.  George reports from his tests this morning
> that both 14 and 16 show this behavior but, unfortunately, not always
> at the same LO settings.  It might be interesting to make a set of
> observations at a sequence of X band frequencies to see if we can see
> this at another band if we try hard enough.

I think it's pretty difficult to try to tell what's going on with the phase winds
with only a minute of data.  We should try something like George's file
(i.e. different sky frequencies / l.o. settings) but with at least a few minutes
per set.  I would think we would want to do this at L and C first before X.

Mark