[evlatests] Re: EVLA Tests July 18, 2005

Mark Claussen mclausse at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 18 16:51:29 EDT 2005

Bryan,

I have been looking a little more about this, and I
think I understand a little better.   The time in the .obs
file was actually an MDT, not an MST.  I have tested
this, and (as I'm sure you know, but I didn't), obs2script
must use the date and the time from the obs file
comment line, not the LST day number and LST.  I had
edited this by hand, and had put in an MDT time, not MST.
This doesn't explain how we were able to track 3C84 and
get fringes if the script uses the same times in the
subarray.execute(time) for source tracking as for script
control.   The az/el from the acu was essentially the same
as the VLA, and we did get fringes....

Mark