[evlatests] EVLA Tests July 11,2005

Mark Claussen mclausse at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 11 18:21:22 EDT 2005

Today I learned that we cannot run a script for EVLA antennas
without the parameters database (probably many of you knew
that). Since the machine hosting the monitor datatbase also
hosts the parameters database, and that machine was sittting
in the helpdesk area, not connected to the network (or perhaps
not even running), the executor refused to run my script.  By
the time we figured that out, and brought the machine back up
so that we could point to the database, software time had
essentially expired.   The software also doesn't apparently report
this kind of database error, which Rich will fix in his next update.
Pat has (this afternoon) copied the parameters database to another
machine, and Rich has pointed the executor to it, so hopefully I can
try again tomorrow afternoon to track down the delay for An 16
(as noted in the schedule, electricians are working on 14 today
and tomorrow).

Thanks to Rich and Pat for their patient help.

Mark