[evlatests] EVLA L305 sync_detect errors

Jim Jackson jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Dec 21 13:11:43 EST 2005

The recently added feature to detect problems with the timing
synchronization between antennas is apparently causing intermittent
"SYNC_DETECT" error messages from antennas 14 and 16. We have looked at
this and confirmed that there is actually no problem with the antenna
synchronization.  We believe we understand what the problem is and Leon and
Matt are working on a fix for it.

For now, I have asked Pete Whiteis to turn off this error message.  Until
further notice, if this message does reappear it should be
ignored.  Synchronization can still be verified as before by checking the
VLA overlay screen or by connecting the scope to the T5 test point (still
the most reliable method).

Jim