[evlatests] EVLA Antenna Status - 18 August

Jim Jackson jjackson at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Aug 18 11:04:01 EDT 2005

Antenna 16

Paul Harden and Mike Johnson will be reinstalling the UX converter plates
in Antenna 16 this morning. The problem with the L302's not locking was
corrected yesterday.  The IF CD and D deformatters had to be rebooted
yesterday afternoon but would not boot from the network as of the time we
left the site.  At least one other Linux PC in the Operations area was
having the same problem so I don't believe the problem was with
the  deformatters themselves. Jerry will try rebooting them when he arrives
at the site this morning.  Antenna 16 should be operational for test time
by 11AM this morning in L,X and K band.  C- Band is useable but has no
switched power. IF's C and D may be unavailable if those two deformatters
still can't be booted.

Antenna 14

All of the electronics for four IF's in Antenna 14 is installed.  Jerry
will install new cables in the Antenna 14 D-Rack this morning.  After that,
the antenna should be useable with all four IF's in L,C,X,K and Q
bands.  One caveat - due to the lack of D-Rack wiring, we did not have had
the opportunity to do any basic tests beforehand.

Jim