[Difx-users] Running DiFX

Hagatiana Andrianomena handrianomena at ska.ac.za
Fri Mar 17 10:49:31 EDT 2017

Hi DIFX-Users

It is the first time I am using the software and started to learn by doing
some tests using the example data "rdv70.tar" from the wiki page. I am
using DIFX-trunk. I just followed the instructions of the readme file in
the tarball. Everything went OK up to step 3 where:

- when running startdifx (as per the readme file) it complained about not
finding genmachine
- then I tried to run "genmachine.py" but it also complained about the
format of the "machinefile" it needs. we struggled to get the right format,
although I just followed the example from the wiki, so
- edited the .machines and .threads by just modifying the ones from the
example data.
- when running startdifx, it does not complain but it looks like it takes
long time without doing anything so I had to stop it.
- when I checked the generated files, we found that .machines and .threads
files were no longer there.

I would appreciate if you could please help me.

Regards,
Sam