[Difx-users] Problem in performing "startdifx"

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Mon Apr 10 06:45:35 EDT 2017

Hi Lupin,

Try startdifx -v -v to get verbose output, and compare the mpirun command
to the one you're using manually.

Cheers,
Adam

On 10 April 2017 at 19:00, Lupin Lin <lupin at asiaa.sinica.edu.tw> wrote:

> To the experienced user of DiFX,
>
> I have re-installed the DiFX on the OS of "Scientific Linux release 6.8
> (Carbon)”.
> However, when I performed the “startdifx”, I obtained the following error
> messages.

> Your job failed to map. Either no mapper was available, or none
> of the available mappers was able to perform the requested
> mapping operation. This can happen if you request a map type
> (e.g., loadbalance) and the corresponding mapper was not built.
>
> But when I used the mpifxcorr, I did not get any error message and I can
> successfully obtain the result.
> For example, I can use the following command to replace the startdifx:
> mpirun --machinefile g3_7038.machines -np 11 mpifxcorr g3_7038.input
>
> So it seems the problem is not due to the connection to the mpi.
>
> Does anyone know the possible origin to cause this problem? And please
> give an indication to solve it.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Lupin Chun-Che Lin
> Supporting Scientist of GLT (GreenLand Telescope) project
> in Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Academia Sinica,
> 14F of Astronomy-Mathematics Building (Rm: 1405),
> National Taiwan University.
> No.1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd, Taipei 10617, Taiwan.
> Tel: +886-2-2366-5464 <+886%202%202366%205464>
> Fax: +886-2-2367-7849 <+886%202%202367%207849>

Dr. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow, Senior Lecturer
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797