[Difx-users] Problem in performing "startdifx"

Lupin Lin lupin at asiaa.sinica.edu.tw
Mon Apr 10 05:00:35 EDT 2017

To the experienced user of DiFX,

I have re-installed the DiFX on the OS of "Scientific Linux release 6.8 (Carbon)”.
However, when I performed the “startdifx”, I obtained the following error messages.

Your job failed to map. Either no mapper was available, or none
of the available mappers was able to perform the requested
mapping operation. This can happen if you request a map type
(e.g., loadbalance) and the corresponding mapper was not built.

But when I used the mpifxcorr, I did not get any error message and I can successfully obtain the result.
For example, I can use the following command to replace the startdifx:
mpirun --machinefile g3_7038.machines -np 11 mpifxcorr g3_7038.input

So it seems the problem is not due to the connection to the mpi.

Does anyone know the possible origin to cause this problem? And please give an indication to solve it.

Thanks,
--
Lupin Chun-Che Lin
Supporting Scientist of GLT (GreenLand Telescope) project