[Difx-users] DIFX 2.4.3 release

Chris.Phillips at csiro.au Chris.Phillips at csiro.au
Thu Feb 18 22:49:47 EST 2016

Hi all

I have just released DIF 2.4.3. This just rolls some recent “unicast” DIFXmessages changes from trunk onto 2.4.
This allows DIFX to work even if multicast is not available on your cluster. Note I don’t think disabling difxmessages entirely
currently works anymore. I have made a few changes to improve this behaviour but needs more effort, which I am not currently planning
in doing (all 2.4 and probably earlier have this issue).

Please note as agreed at the 2014 DIFX meeting, I have made these changes in the DifX-2.4 branch directly.

Anyhow who does an SVN checkout of 2.4 will now get the 2.4 release. If you want these changes just to an svn update and recompile.

This should not affect the data in anyway. I have only been able to run limited tests, so would appreciate if someone could soon try running this update in a semi-production sense.  I believe the only problems you would see are either the job not starting, not finishing or not seeing log messages. If this all works all should be good.

Cheers
Chris