[Difx-users] WARNING Could not open monitoring socket

Stuart Weston nzobservers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:02:13 EDT 2016

I have two servers, they both have 2 x CPU ( 6 cores, hyperthreaded). So
potentially I have 24 cores and 48 threads.

mpirun starts mpifxcorr on both servers, but we get the “WARNING Could not
open monitoring socket ! Aborting message receive thread” on the master ?
The processes seem to sit there and do nothing, nothing more in errmon2.

If I change the machines file I can run the same correlation on each server
individually to completion, so DiFX has to be good.

ww-flexbuf-01:/raid0/etransfer/hw04# cat machines

ww-flexbuf-01

wark167

ww-flexbuf-01:/raid0/etransfer/hw04# cat threads

NUMBER OF CORES:    6

2

2

2

2

2

2

Note our network we have been asked to use a different multicast address,
so in DIFXHOME/setup.bash I have set:

DIFX_MESSAGE_GROUP=239.253.253.90

DIFX_BINARY_GROUP=239.253.253.90

Any ideas ?